Nov 25, 2010

Stories that shouldn't be told but are, by us : Cinderella


During one of our many late night deliriums of "what can we procrastinate with now?" schemes we decided that we'd try to do come comics of our own versions of classic fairy tales. We listed a few we could think of off the top of our heads on some scrap strips of paper and then we drew one at a time from a box. I keep getting princess's so far...and Sofi keeps getting male/prince one's. This is my first one. Cinderella in case you couldn't tell. I thought about it and I came to the conclusion that Cinderella's sisters probably hated her for a reason. Hogging all their make up and fancy dresses without asking, and all those damn annoying singing animals all over the place trying to be your friends or dressing you at the crack of dawn. That just sounds horrible to me.
I'm not very good at condensing ideas into one panel, so I hope this little project will help me get better at it. That and color blocking. God my color blocking is horrid. Shudder.
One of our friends also wants to do some comics for this as well. She drew Puss in Boots and I very much am looking forward to it. Her blog: Alexandra Clotfelter. Go on. Stalk her. She's my friend and I stalk her ALL THE TIME.

No comments:

Post a Comment